Hey guys!!!!!!!! Welcome to my blog and if this is your first time, please don’t forget to subscribe and share. OK let’s jump straight into today’s business. I always tell the truth here in my blog so that you know these are not lies or things i just come up with.
I have been suffering from dark underarms for a very long while and i will hate to put on short sleeves because i fear my underarms are going to be exposed. But today, i can do so because as compared to before there has Been so much improvement and that’s why I’m sharing with you, and i hope it works well for you guys as well.
Note that having dark arms is not a disease that you should panic or rush to a doctor for help. This is just an irritation on your skin and can be treated with home remedies. Except otherwise then you should consult a doctor.
Before I jump into letting you know how to clear dark underarms, i will like to highlight some of the causes of dark underarms so that you’re aware and try to avoid it when you’re carrying out your treatment. You don’t want to go back and forth with these things.
Dark underarms can be caused by so many things.
- The different types of products we use on this part of our bodies. Mostly deodorants, sprays, etc. some of these products are so harsh that they irritate the skin and and they start causing discolorations like darkening your underarms. So if you’re among those who use these products so much directly to your skin, you need to think again.
- Dark underarms can appear as a result of dead cells that have accumulated in that area.
- Dark underarms can be caused as a result of shaving. Oh yes I have been a victim of this, each time I use the poor methods of shaving, the next thing is, i feel like i have little wounds under my arms and the next day everywhere is dark. And what most of us do to worsen the situation is that, immediately after shaving, we apply harsh creams under our arms, and go as far a applying roll-on, deodorants and sprays which just irritate the skin the more.
- Also, using some shaving creams can cause dark underarms.
OK now that you know some of the reasons why you’ve been having dark arms, I will move straight ahead, into letting you know what I’m using and how it’s helping me. Remember I’m the biggest fan of natural products.
I used just two products which are, Baking Soda and Lemon.
These two products are like magical tools for the skin. Combining these two babies will work wonders. You don’t need to go to large beauty shops and spend thousands of francs to clear off you dark underarms, just rush to the supermarket or our regular markets and get these two.
You may ask but why these two what do they contain? I WILL TELL YOU.
Baking Soda is an excellent ingredient to exfoliate your skin and to exfoliate means the removal the outer layer of dead skin cells. And because Baking Soda is not smooth and a little rough, it will remove all dead skin cells under your arms. Remember i said earlier that dark underarms are as a result of dead cells that have accumulated due to one reason or the other.
Lemon on it’s part is very good because it lightens and brightens the skin. Lemon contains Vitamin C and is acidic which helps in removing dead skin cells and decrease pigmentation. It is also a very good ingredient to exfoliate the skin.
Now that you know their capacities, lets know how to use them.
- Create a paste by taking not more than 2 tablespoons of Baking soda and mixing it with some few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this under your arms and massage in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 10-15 mins and rinse it off with clean water. You can choose to moisturize with either Olive oil or coconut oil or better still don’t.
Combining Baking soda and Lemon is good because, the baking soda exfoliates and removes dead skin, while lemon acts as a bleaching agent and clears every discoloration.
Do this twice a week and don’t go trying to do it everyday because you might irritate your skin the more. Just mark this routine on your calendar.
Note; Never apply Lemon to your skin directly because the high concentration of acid might cause irritation to your skin and might in turn burn your skin or cause skin dryness. That’s why you mix it with baking soda and try to moisturize.
Was this helpful, let me know your thoughts. DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT, AND SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!