Oh my!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been there, know how it feels and suffered the humiliation. Growing up as a young girl, the worst feeling is to feel less about yourself. I was one of those girls back then in Secondary school who wore shoes and socks always and will never put on sandals. Many just thought i hated sandals but that was a fat lie, I was just too ashamed of letting them see that i had cracked feet like a grandma who works in a cocoa plantation. (lol)
I remember back in the days, I wore sandals for my first time and my classmates won’t stop talking about my cracked feet, some stared at it, others pitied me, some were disgusted and the was a lot of murmuring. I swore never to wear sandals again. But today I can rock my sandals with no fear, Do you know why, I got rid of those cracked feet and I’m going to share my secret with you all.
Before i jump into telling you how i cleared my cracked and rough feet, one thing you need to know about dry and cracked feet is that it’s been caused by many factors like;
- Dry skin. This is the most basic thing that causes your feet to crack up. If you’re like me who have very dry skin, you might want to pay more attention to your skin by always moisturizing, if not, you will have to wear shoes for the rest of your life.
- The types of soaps, and creams we use on our feet. I mentioned before that all skin types are not the same. What works for you may not work for me. So we have to be care with the types of creams and soaps we buy because some of them just end up irritating our skin the more and causes dryness and skin changes.
- Medically, illnesses like eczema, diabetes and athlete’s foot can cause cracked feet regularly and if not at least once in awhile.
- Change in weather. The rainy season which is our cold weather season in Cameroon can cause dryness in the skin and the feet is not left out. If you don’t learn how to moisturize during this period then be prepared to suffer.
And the list is very long. So how did i get rid of my cracked feet very easy.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Warm water
- A pumice stone
- A pair of Socks
These four tools will work the magic.
- Pour a reasonable quantity of shampoo into the warm water and mix
- Dip your legs into this solution and wait for 10 mins.
- At this point, your feet would be a little soft and every dead skin is ready to be washed off. Get your pumice stone and start scrubbing your heels. Do so for a long while until you’re satisfied with what you see. Instantly you will see a change. You will realize that the cracked lines are closing up and the water becomes dirty.
- Rinse your legs with water and pad dry. Apply any moisturizer that works best for you but I will recommend either Vaseline or olive oil.
- Put on your socks and relax. This is really good overnight.
The pumice stone acted as an exfoliating tool which removes all dirt, and dead skin around that area and heals up the cracked areas. A pumice stone is pretty cheap in Cameroon and with just 250FCFA, you can get one.
Try doing this at least twice a week and use the pumice stone each day when having your bath, use the pumice stones and scrub your legs. This will make the treatment work faster and best results will be seen within a very short period of time.
What I do now is this, though i have no cracked feet, a pumice stone does not lack in the house and even those at home are thanking me for bringing it because it helps a lot. So you should also think of getting yours.
Was this article helpful, share your view with us and let’s know if this helped you and if you have any other idea, feel free to add in the comments section below.
Don’t forget to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE and spread the love by SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!