According to Priyanshi Bhatnagar, a Nutrition consultant, people who eat fruit as part of an overall healthy diet generally have a reduced risk of chronic diseases. There are so many Cameroonians who don’t take fruits with reasons best known by them. Diabetes patients are often advised to consume fruits once in awhile especially the non-sugary ones because in as much as fruits have a lot of sugar and are sweet, they are naturally packed with huge nutritional benefits for the health. Fruits have so many benefits that they add to the skin and if only people knew this, they won’t joke with their daily fruits intake. Let’s dive into some of its benefits;
- Fruits may reduce some disease risk if you eat daily. Eating a diet rich in fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke, high blood pressure, indigestion, cancer, diabetes and other chronic diseases. The combination of powerful flavonoids, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, phytochemicals and the countless micro and macronutrients make fruits very advantageous for your health. Dietary fiber from fruits helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and this fiber is important for proper bowel function. It helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Fiber containing foods such as fruits help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories. Whole or cut-up fruits are sources of dietary fiber.
- Fruits have a low calorie intake which means they don’t add weight. Eating foods such as fruits that are lower in calories, low fat, and low sodium instead of some other higher calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake and weight reduction as none have cholesterol.
- Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients that are under consumed, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate (folic acid). Folic acid helps the body form red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant should consume adequate folate from foods, and in addition 400 mcg of synthetic folic acid from fortified foods or supplements. This reduces the risk of neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
- Vitamin C is important for growth and repair of all body tissues, helps heal cuts and wounds, and keeps teeth and gums healthy.
- Fruits are instant energy generators. When you eat fruits, your supply of energy increases in no time; this is one of the prime benefits of fruits that Cameroonians can utilize in their busy schedules. This is the reason why athletes often eat fruit during and after exercising and why diets for pregnant mothers almost always involve fruits of some kind.
- Nowadays, drug stores have many types of multivitamin tablets that can give supplemental nutrition during critical times. However, it is always advised to eat the vitamin of fruits in their natural form so that all of the benefits are conferred to you. As is always said, the benefits of fruits can never be outmatched or replaced. Over 10-20 year time frame, eating fruits regularly can completely change your life and makes a great deal of difference to the health and functioning of your body.
- With a good amount of fruit in your diet, you can naturally curb the problem of acne treatment rather than opting for expensive dermatological creams. Apples, Banana, Berries, Grapes and Papayas rejuvenate your skin and repair minor damage that you may not even notice.It effectively promotes healthy skin and aid in fighting the most common skin issue, skin rashes and age spots.Fruits keep your skin supple and hydrated, and nourish it with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants; thereby retaining your radiant skin for a long period of time.
- Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Fruit sources of potassium include bananas, prunes and prune juice, dried peaches and apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and orange juice which all go a long way to maintain as a earlier said, a healthy blood pressure.
- Eating fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Fruits are nutritious and delicious, always find fun to eat, quick and natural snacks at any time and you will always find variety in fruits.
Remember, Eating fresh fruits has a lot of benefits and it packs a huge amount of nutritional benefits you don’t want your body to miss.
Was this helpful, let’s know your thoughts